If your student will be attending a participating school as a new student in the 2018-19 school year, this page is for you.
AZTO allows kindergarten and transfer students to begin participating in the tax credit programs up to one-year prior to their K-12 attendance at a participating Christian School. Please understand the below details and your responsibility to complete an application for the coming school year.
2018-19 Kindergarten and Transfer Students
If your student will be attending K-12 program as a full-time student at a participating Christian School next school year, your student may participate in AZTO’s program now.
- For kindergarten students, the child must be age 5 by January 1st of their kindergarten school year.
- Credit Eligibility:
- All kindergarten students are eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow credit programs.
- Most transfer students should be eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow Credit Programs if coming from an Arizona Public or Charter School. Please see the PLUS/Overflow Eligibility Criteria. You will also need to substantiate your student’s public/charter school attendance with the Public School Verification Form.
- AZTO’s 2018-19 Application becomes available on March 1st. Please apply for your student in the spring.
- Once your student’s application has been approved and registered for participation, you will receive a confirmation email from AZTO.
- A donor may then make a recommended donation on behalf of your student up to one year prior to the student’s attendance in a K-12 program at the new partner school.
- As AZTO receives tax credit contributions recommending your student, the pending award will be held at AZTO for your student’s 2018-19 school year.
- Once AZTO’s board has approved the recommended award, it will be issued to your student’s school at the first award cycle for your their 2018-19 school year. Your student must have an approved 2018-19 AZTO Application on file. Then, the award is typically issued in July.
- See How it Works for more details.