If your student will be attending a participating school as a new student in the 2018-19 school year, this page is for you.
AZTO allows kindergarten and transfer students to begin participating in the tax credit programs up to one-year prior their K-12 attendance at a participating Christian School. Please understand the below details and your responsibility to complete an application for each school year.
2018-19 Kindergarten and Transfer Students
If your student will be attending K-12 program as a full-time student at a participating Christian School next school year, you can register your student with AZTO this school year to participate in the tax credit programs.
- For kindergarten students, the child must be age 5 by January 1st of their kindergarten school year.
- Credit Eligibility:
- All kindergarten students are eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow credit programs.
- Most transfer students should be eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow Credit Programs if coming from an Arizona Public or Charter School. Please see the PLUS/Overflow Eligibility Criteria. You will also need to substantiate your student’s public/charter school attendance with the Public School Verification Form.
- To register your coming K-12 student, you should first apply to AZTO for the 2017-18 school year. AZTO requires a registered application on file in order to receive any donor recommended contributions during the 2017-18 giving season.
- Once your student’s application has been approved and registered for participation, you will receive a confirmation email from AZTO.
- A donor may then make a recommended donation on behalf of your student up to one year prior to the student’s attendance in a K-12 program at the new partner school.
- AZTO can then hold these pending awards for the student’s 2018-19 tuition. AZTO cannot award these pending grants in the 2017-18 school year, as the student is not currently attending a qualifying K-12 program. For this same reason, the student is not eligible for AZTO’s need based scholarship allocation in the 2017-18 school year.
- In May 2017, your family will need to submit a 2018-19 AZTO application for the coming school year.
- Once AZTO’s board has approved the student to participate in the program for the 2018-19 school year, then the pending tuition award will be released in the next distribution cycle. In most cases, the distribution of awards will take place in July.
- See How it Works for more details.