If your student will be attending a participating school as a new student in the 2021-2022 school year, this page is for you.
AZTO allows kindergarten and transfer students to begin participating in the tax credit programs up to one-year prior to their K-12 attendance at a participating Christian School. Please understand the below details and your responsibility to complete an application for the coming school year.
2021-2022 Kindergarten and Transfer Students
If your student will be attending K-12 program as a full-time student at a participating Christian School next school year, your student may participate in AZTO’s program now.
- For kindergarten students, the child must be age 5 by January 1st of their kindergarten school year.
- Credit Eligibility:
- All kindergarten students are eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow credit programs.
- Most transfer students should be eligible for both the Original and PLUS/Overflow Credit Programs if coming from an Arizona Public or Charter School. Please see the PLUS/Overflow Eligibility Criteria. You will also need to substantiate your student’s public/charter school attendance with the Public School Verification Form.
- AZTO’s 2021-2022 Application becomes available on March 18th. If your student will be participating with donor recommendations prior to this date, please complete our Pre-Application to register your student with AZTO.
- Once a student is registered with AZTO, a donor may make a recommended tax credit donation on behalf of that student. This may be done up to one year prior to the student’s attendance in a K-12 program at an AZTO partner school.
- As AZTO receives tax credit contributions recommending your student, the pending award will be held at AZTO for your student’s 2021-2022 school year.
- Next, apply to AZTO with the 2021-2022 Application in the spring. Once AZTO’s board has approved the application and the recommended award, it will be issued to your student’s school in the first award cycle for their 2021-2022 school year. If the application is completed before June 30, the award can be issued in July. Your student must have an approved 2021-2022 AZTO Application on file to be eligible for AZTO awards.
- See How it Works for more details.
- AZTO offers a recorded Zoom Workshop to equip you in making the tax credit work for your family. Also offered is a short 6 minute New Student Zoom Workshop giving a targeted overview for new Kindergarten and Transfer Students starting Christian Education next school year.